We are looking for short stories that take place in one of the cities covered by our guides. With our cities as backdrop, stories should set out to explore or highlight the rich cultural aspects of their chosen location.
Have a look at “Cartier”, in which screenwriter Matt Graham writes about an LA realtor with a penchant for late-night cruising through the “bad part of town”. Or read “The Shoe,” in which Portuguese writer Gonçalo M. Tavares toys with elements of suspense in his story about a woman confessing in a church in Lisbon.
– Stories should be between 500 and 1,500 words, in .doc or .docx format.
– All work should be previously unpublished.
– We accept simultaneous submissions. Please let us know asap if your piece has been accepted elsewhere.
– Titles of submissions should be preceded by the name of the city it deals with. For example: Lisbon_Cartier
– Please include a short bio.
– Contributors will receive two LOST iN city guides of choice as compensation
– Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org